ORGUES DE PARIS 2.0 © Vincent Hildebrandt ACCUEIL S-Z
Saint-Louis-d'Antin was originally built in 1780-1782 by
order of King Louis XVI as the chapel of a Capuchin
convent. After the revolution, it became a parish church
in 1802.The other buildings of the convent became a
school (lycée Condorcet).
The organ is built by Aristide Cavaillé-Coll in 1858 and one
of the few organs of Cavaillé-Coll in Paris which has been
preserved almost entirely in its original state, with only a
replacement of the Flûte 4 by a Voix Céleste in 1874 and -
during some cleaning works by Danion-Gonzalez in 1972 -
of the Viole de Gambe of the GO by an Open Quinte.
Famous organists in the past:
Clément Loret (1859-1902)
Messes avec orgue
Saturday 6.30PM, Sunday 10.30PM